And just in case you’ve been living under a rock, Billy Marks is Toy Machine’s newest pro! His new pro models are in stock and flying off the shelves, literally. Billy well deserves his pro status, I might add. Just amazing!
And don’t forget to check out Pig Brand Clothing for the newest threads.
Ethan Fowler has been busy all summer, touring through Europe, hitting Portland for skate camp and was has also been seen with Corey Duffel on secret SF filming missions for the upcoming Foundation video titled "THAT'S LIFE." Ethan has also just finished up a Slap interview that will be out soon.
Corey Duffel is rumored to have the cover of the next issue of one of the major mags, doing something gnarly of course. This is the way Corey usually does things. Corey got even crazier on his trip with his fellow F riders in Europe ollieing one of the biggest gaps I have ever seen anybody do.
Justin Strubing is back in his hometown San Francisco after spending his summer in Spain filming and touring.
Mike Rusczyk has a lot of great things up his sleeve. I've just seen some off the wall crazy footage only Mike could come up with. His part is going to stand out, like watching Mike skate in person.
Leo Romero is back in action after both of his ankles folded over. Leo cruised through Europe this summer and became a star overnight with his consistency and huge bag of tricks. Everybody loves Leo!!!! He F#%king kills it!!!!
Tony Silva spent some of his summer in the Colorado and Utah area filming for his upcoming Foundation part. While in Utah Tony discovered a little ripper name Angel. Angel was so good and cool Tony decided to kidnapped the kid and bring him down to San Diego to show everybody how good this kid skates. Angel is now on Foundation's flow team.
Matt Allen is the newest edition to the Foundation team. Matt is amazing and will have a crazy part for "That's Life".
Tony Silva is gearing up for the Krux road trip. Leaving this week, some of the spots you can see them are Reno, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona.
· Foundation’s Ethan Fowler showed everybody how tech he can get, busting front foot impossible 180s and a variation of 360 ollie flips.
· Gareth Stehr charged like a bull at the start of the trip, hammering out the gnarliest tricks, one after another. Then the fatal moment…just 3 days into the trip he busted his heel, putting him out for the rest of the trip. Gareth did end up f.s. sliding a hefty rail fully nude before he got broken.
· Toy Machines Diego "The Butcher" sported a speedo on the beach in Miami, FL - hilarious. He also got to make out with a 43-year old woman, earning his team 50 points, good job Diego!
· Johnny Layton destroyed spot after spot and won the best rail trick out of all the Kings of the Road riders by doing a nollie f/s feeble on a handrail! Johnny also made out with the 43-year old’s daughter, bringing in 20 points for the team.
· Pig Wood Rider Adrian Mallory was on a path of destruction for the whole tour, charging everything put in front of him: skating bowls switch, grinding rail barefooted, and just having the best of times. He krooked grinded a real hefty rail with a head high drop, winning himself the trip’s overall Most Gnar award.
The trip was great. Keep an eye out for the Thrasher Kings of the Road issue and the Kings video to witness all of the CHAOS!!!!
Stockholm Skatepark Stockholm, Sweden September 20, 2003
OLD BOYS (30+) 1st place Pekka Linnell / Pelle Evertsson runner ups: Martin Korpi, Jan Ollsson Loftén, Ulf Andersson, Mats Ollson, Anders Karlsson, Jonnie Pernbrink, Hans Göthberg, Johny Sandberg
YOUNH GUNS (30-) 1st place Casper Plass runner ups: Akira, Calle Loftén, Charlie Andersson, Pontus Björn, Martin Fritjofson, Robert Andersson, Jocke Westergren, Stephen White
HIGHEST AIR Stephen White
FATHER & SON Ulf & Charlie Andersson Jan & Calle Loftén
RIPPING KIDS Calle Loftén, Pontus Björn, Charlie Andersson, Robert Andersson
Stay tuned to this channel for all updates on the park......including info for the grand opening, which should be in October or November.....maybe.
Photos by yours truely, el ztafool.
Death Box Skateboards, Tuxedo Board Supply, 88 Footwear and Seven Day Weekend presents:
RULE THE VERT 2003!
A 2 hour jam will go down on September 20 (6.00pm-8.00pm) at the Stockholm Skatepark, and a winner in each category (Old Boys 30+ and Young Guns 30-) will be selected as the winner who will recieve a good size box of products. Cheerleaders and good music are to be expected...
The grand opening is October 4th.
This is expected to be (possibly) the best run park in SD. Go to www.cvskatepark.com for photos and more info...including the most important of all....directions sukka.
And / or call 619- 200-4343
Check out the results at www.deathboxseries.com
Scott Perryman and Lotta photographed the series and I will use their shots in the Concrete Wave article I am putting together.
Will swept his age group in all three contests. I tied for 1st at the first contest, and came in 3rd in the last contest, finishing 4th overall.
Thanks again for all your support. Deathbox is held in high esteem in the Mid-Atlantic.